A project on Gender fluidity
Beyond Pink and blue
Tentative Target audience: 18+ Tentative Timeline: 5 weeks
Mentor: Sumedha Garg
Research Areas: 1) What is gender fluidity?
2) What is gender fluid fashion?
3) History of gender fluid fashion
4) Problems faced by these people
5) Brands promoting gender fluidity.
Gender-fluid people can use whatever pronouns they’d like. Some gender-fluid people use they, them, and their pronouns.
● Others might use she/her/hers, he/him/his, or neopronouns, like xe/xem/xyr.
● Some gender-fluid people’s pronouns change along with their gender. On one day, they might prefer they, them, and their, and on another day, they might use she, her, and hers.
● Self expression
● Gender identity
● Breaking the Gender Barriers
● Eliminating the masculine and feminine divide
● Deconstructing gender stereotypes
● Public awareness
● Redefining fashion norms
“Fashion is a medium of expression” yet we are not allowed to fully express ourselves. The gender-coded society we live in is restrictive and creates barriers that limit us from fully understanding and expressing ourselves .
Target Audience: 16 years and above.
Their logo represents the spectrum of genders and sexualities beyond binaries. The gender symbols in different colors merge into the ‘O’ of Orinam, indicating a fundamental oneness, as articulated in Bharathiyar’s quote.
About the awareness campaign
Beyond pink and blue is an awareness campaign to educate and make people aware about gender fluidity.
Orinam, founded in 2003, is an all-volunteer unregistered collective of LGBTIQA+ people and allies based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It functions as a support, cultural and activist space. I decided to make this campaign for this NGO. This project is for educational purposes only.
Creating awareness about breaking the gender binaries that hold us back from fully understanding each other. Celebrating and embracing ourselves for who we are.
Disney characters as Gender fluid characters
The reason I chose to redesign the disney characters was because we all have grown up watching disney movies. We have never thought in different perspective than what is shown. The gender is our way of expressing ourselves and our true identity. I have tried to change the perspective about the princess being all girly. The princess can be gender fluid and there is nothing wrong with it is the message I am trying to put forward.